Happy holidays from the Augur Team!
Our developers have been keeping a rigorous development schedule, even with the holidays in full force. If you’d like more frequent technical updates than the blog posts, remember to check the login message page on Augur or join the #github channel on our Slack. The updates logged in these posts are always derived from our GitHub commits.
On contract updating: there will be three ways in which it can happen. The first being a key that can unilaterally update contracts (as in the beginning a malicious update by us is less likely than a bug that needs to be fixed quickly) that also has a function for the key to disable itself, and another where reporters can vote to disable the key. The second being a key that can make updates, but reporters have the chance to veto it within N timeframe (with the respective functions to disable this as well). Lastly, reporters will be able to vote on updates within the regular reporting cycle.
Next week we plan on publishing a set of walkthroughs / guides for testing the platform, along with a tutorial for securing your $REP with a Ledger Nano S.
December 28, 2016
- Refactored loadMarketsInfo: moved branch ID filtering and created market info loading into separate functions.
- Do not delete outcomes property of marketsData.
- When retrying log conversion, use augur.getMarketInfo directly instead of loadMarketsInfo to avoid branch ID filtering.
- Converted indeterminate constants to BigNumbers; updated comparisons in fix/unfixReport.
- Added more payout tests around claimMarketsProceeds.
December 27, 2016
- Fixed the ethicality displayed in converted transaction logs.
- Rounded off converted Reputation percents for display.
- Serialized log-to-transaction conversions.
- Refactored the winning positions lookup done in order to claim trading proceeds from closed markets.
December 26, 2016
- Refactored the gigantic switch in the generic log-to-transactions converter into a collection of small, composable, testable subroutines.
- The status-and-message display data is now organized separate from the main Transaction component, in a new TransactionMessage component.
December 25, 2016
- Removed the (unused) reporting period branch Reputation balance from the collectedFees log.
- Added a check of whether market has already been closed (winning outcomes already set) both before and after the closeMarket function is called from augur.js.
- Reporting cycle bar is now displayed at the top of the transactions page as well as the markets page.
- Removed unused reporting outcome display block.
- Load reporting history before branch sync (for logged in users).
- Added a special startup sequence to init-augur to allow semi-automated multi-user/single-machine reporting tests.
- Fixed payout lookup parameters in the account trade history log-loader.
- Used async.eachLimit instead of async.each in all log loaders to keep from overwhelming the receiving RPC server.
- Registration timestamps are now only recorded during the initial Airbitz account creation, not ordinary logins.
- Added an event-to-market lookup table to the front-end data store.
- Ad hoc balance and balance changes messaging in the transaction component have been replaced by a new balances array in the data field of any transaction that alters one or more balances.
- Each transaction conversion will now only retry once, if the required market data is not available.
- The fillOrder function now uses the correct side of order book.
December 24, 2016
- Added minimumTradeSize parameter to buy, sell, and shortAsk on contract and in augur.js.
- Fixed event validity bond calculation on the createMarket contract.
- Added a client-side (augur.js) method to calculate the validity bond, so that this can be displayed to the market creator prior to creating the market.
- Added event validity bond calculation to step 5 of create market; added new arguments to step 5 of create market: period length, base reporters, number of events created in the past 24 hours, number of events in this reporting period.
- Removed unnecessary field renaming in filters API: sender/owner are no longer changed to maker/taker in log_fill_tx, log_add_tx, and log_cancel.
- Logs and filters now behave consistently and use the same field names everywhere. (In augur.js, the augur.filters formatters are now used to parse logs in modules/logs.js.)
- Added getBaseReporters lookup to loadBranch (in augur.js), and added getPast24 and getNumberEvents lookups to syncBranch (in the UI). These values are attached to the branch state in the UI.
- Log-lookup callback arguments are now consistent, and take an error as the first callback argument.
- Replaced most special-purpose log-lookup methods with calls to augur.getLogs. A lot of semi-repeated code in modules/logs in augur.js has been removed as a result of this.
- Added registration log loader to the front-end.
- Removed deprecated code associated with market data updater timestamps.
- Price time series construction now uses logged timestamp instead of converting from block number.
- Removed onSuccess calculations from collectFees, since values are now pulled from the event log.
- Check if transaction already has status success before running onSuccess relay.
- The total amount of reputation reporting for the cycle is now displayed correctly in the collect fees transaction panel.
- The fillOrder action now updates market trades data and price history automatically.
December 23, 2016
- Added single-order add/remove/fill actions and used for targeted, no-RPC order book updates from filters.
- Offloaded trades and bids/asks update logic in trade process methods onto filters.
- Adjustments to the NPM scripts to improve the messaging during command execution.
- The reporting form is now encompassed within a tab in the market view rather than being a discrete view. This is so that users may continue to trade and so that reporters can reference relevant market data.
- The header in the markets view now updates to indicate when you are on the favorites or pending reports views.
- A slight adjustment to the Augur logo so that it remains centered in the header. Previously the nav items would push the logo off center.
December 22, 2016
- Converted maker trade transactions now have distinct messaging from normal (taker) trade transactions.
- Removed unnecessary registration filter.
- Refactored load-account-trades into composable loaders: deposit-withdraw, bids-asks, create-market, account-trades, and reporting.
- Placing a trade no longer automatically navigates you to the transactions view, but rather will leave you on the market view.
- Added final deleteTransaction call to trade process actions.
- Fees for maker trades no longer incorrectly display the taker fee.
- The trade inputs were incorrectly reporting invalid values via the hover title. This is now fixed, along with a custom value incrementer implemented on the input.
- The app is now a full width app! All components will scale out to whatever window width is available.
- Adjustments to the colors utilized due to a recent base color change. Also included in this set of changes was a removal of some legacy colors no longer used.
– The Augur Team