This is an update of our original September 16 post with a new testnet address
We’ve begun a second trial distribution of test Reputation (REP) tokens on an Ethereum test network (testnet): You’ll be able to try out the experience of accessing your REP tokens and sending them to other ETH accounts (addresses) during this trial period – before we issue real REP tokens – using the steps listed below.
Distribution of real REP tokens is scheduled for October 4. You have until October 3rd at noon US Eastern Time to make final changes, corrections or updates.
The easiest method for testing access to your Reputation (REP ) tokens is as follows:
2. Paste your address in the filter by address box
3. It should show your address and amount
4. If you want to make sure you have access to your keyfile you can use something like myetherwallet: https://www.myetherwallet.com/#send-tokens
5. Click on keystore / JSON file, select your wallet file and find the file titled something like UTC–2016-09-16T00-36-57.115Z–3682ae583f8c542ede42a9ca41105e5740b80d55 but with your address at the end, and if your password works then you’re all set! If it doesn’t you’ve entered the wrong password.
The full method to test can be done through these steps:
2. Scroll down and download and install the Mist.zip for your OS. [on windows just download it, open it, then double click on Mist]. Click on Test-Network. Create an account [unless you already have one, we won’t actually be using this account for the test though].
3. Come back in like an hour if you’ve never done this before [it’ll take time to sync]
4. Eventually it’ll finish and the app will open. Make sure at the top under develop -> network you’re on the testnet
5. Go to the menu then accounts -> Backup -> accounts. It’ll open a folder. From there go into the testnet folder, then open the keystore folder
6. Drag your wallet file into that folder, it’s the file titled something like UTC–2016-09-16T00-36-57.115Z–3682ae583f8c542ede42a9ca41105e5740b80d55
7. Go back to Mist and click on contracts at the top, then scroll down and click watch token. Paste the address  in (disregard the example address in the screenshot) and use Reputation as the name and REP as the symbol
8. On the top right click on the wallet button and authorize ethereum wallet to use your wallet
9. In latest transactions your rep balance will eventually pop up, if it doesn’t there’s been an issue! And you can click on your account and send your testnet rep around!
Note: balances might be affected by the extent you bought with ETH. Unless you request an address change, the portion of REP purchased with ETH will be sent to the ETH address you used to make the purchase.
– If your password didn’t work, generate a new wallet file and make sure you have access to it. If you bought in with bitcoin update your address on sale.augur.net in the yellow box. If you bought in with Ether email us at email@example.com with your new address.
– If you don’t see your rep in step 2/3 of the first method, something’s gone wrong! Email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email you bought into the sale with and the ethereum address you think your rep should be going to and we’ll see what your issue is.
We might provide additional guidance as we get closer to actually distributing real REP tokens.